Monday, July 9, 2007

Wednesday 7/11/07 Keys at last!

I picked up my keys to the front door, my gate opener, and my panic pager today [along with my name tag to be worn on Wednesdays]. It was so quiet at the campus - nobody washing their car with the radio blaring - no kids selling drugs in front of the house [yes, that happened the other night at home].

I can hardly wait until Tuesday when I will be officially moved into the grounds.



This is the view out of my front door [through the kitchen window]. I'm not close enough to see the folks inside their unit across the way, but am close to the birdfeeders hanging in the trees - so lots of flutter and lots of natures music.








Back window views [facing south]. My entire back wall is window [from about 3 feet or so above the floor]. There is no walkway back here so no one should be walking by my bedroom at night.
There is an avocado tree just to the right of my back door, and I am allowed to pick the fruit from it [residents can do that, but not staff].

There is a group of residents who pick the variety of fruit trees and set the fruit aside somewhere for the use of the residents [I need to ask where that is].






Here is the kitchen that I have been waxing poetic about. A little less storage space than at home, but the corner cabinet has an odd door and a revolving rack for items there [both upper and lower corner cabinets.]





There's even a whatnot shelf built into the wall [with a glass door]. I need to find some stands to put my "catly" items on, so they can be layered on the larger shelves. Along with cats, I have a reindeer made and painted by a coworkers wife from DWP and an angel purchased from a craft fair somewhere.


There is a very tiny hallway outside the bathroom with a long hanging closet. I'll get some hanging sweater containers to put fabric in [fabric? me?]. There will also be another storage cabinet being built to replace the vanity [not nearly enough makeup to put in it's own unit] on the opposite wall of this sliding door cabinet.



And the bathroom. If I were really agile, I could sit on the toilet and wash my feet in the lavatory. There is also a shower to the right of the toilet.


Nothing in the bedroom yet, so no photos.

I will be moving fabric in for the next few days, and will be moving in officially on Tuesday, the 17th. Parking is not far away, and the dining room is a short walk [so between walking the dogs and going to eat, I should tighten up some of my muscles, right?]

I get 20 meals for the month. After looking at the menu, I may not be cooking this month any more at all. It's going to be tough to get to all 20, but I can't carry them over to the next month.



















2 comments:

mehitabel said...

Looks really really nice. A new kitchen--heavenly! I think this is going to be a wonderful home for you. And 20 meals for the next 14 days?? Oh, yum! You're going to need that exercise...

DPUTiger said...

Wow, that looks SO GREAT!!!! I'm so excited for you!

How awesome to walk into a brand new place that was spiffed up just for you. My goal in my new place is to not outgrow my storage -- never have more stuff than I have places for it all to have a home. Now if I can just get my bookcases put together in the basement (will try to start on that tomorrow after the Sears guys deliver the washer/dryer), I can start to put that philosophy into practice!

ENJOY YOUR NEW PLACE!!!!!! Glad I was organized enough to get your housewarming stuff wrapped and to Sandy's before I skipped town. Can't wait to see it all tricked out with your kick-ass new stuff! Miss you! :) a