Sunday, September 2, 2007

New Project?


These blocks are for our guilds Block of the Month for the September exchange.
The directions were incredibly awful, but these come out to a 12-1/2" unfinished block [which is what the chairperson wants].
Hated the directions, but loved the block [and these are 'real' triangles, you know, the kind that draws a line diagonally and sews 1/4" from the line on each side to make 2 blocks].
Loved the block so much that I went out and bought some tan/yellow background and I already have a lot of autumn fabrics, so will make a quilt top.
It is so hot here that I am trying to convince the dogs that we really don't need to go any further than the grass right off the front porch. They weren't happy, but they came in really well.
Two of the ladies at lunch were saying that they don't like air conditioning [???] but use their fans when possible. That's not my choice, but I'm trying hard not to let it get to cold for Chico.
I went back to the storage unit to try to find more fabrics for Sandy's and my Halloween project for tomorrow. I have several bolts in the car and found a small tub full of lime green [possible to use for our stars]. I'm excited to see what we come up with tomorrow.

2 comments:

DPUTiger said...

Thangles! Use Thangles!

You? With tubs of various fabrics? NO WAY! ;-) I especially can't belive that you have a whole tub of LIME GREEN! Shocking! Glad you're having fun. Oh, and we use the AC and fan simultaneously, when it's not turning to fall at least.

mehitabel said...

Real triangles rock! (Thangles not so much--adds a couple of extra steps.) Your blocks look really good, and make me wish I had a place to set up my quilting. Soon, I hope!