Sunday, March 30, 2008

Orange Crush fabrics & finishes



Here is the fabric I've chosen for the Orange Crush mystery quilt to start on Tuesday, April 1st. All my friends are
going to Asilomar [a week-long quilting retreat in Northern California] so I have to amuse myself this week.
I found a really rich purple [to the left of the pinks] and more oranges, pinks and lime greens than I thought I had.





I don't know what to cut into 2" strips as the lights, but since I won't be starting the mystery until after lunch I'll check a couple of the posts and see what might look best. I'm also going to try out the Fons and Porter triangle ruler and see how that works [because you know she's going to have triangles in this quilt].

This quilt was made from several packets of Hawaiian flower fabrics that was given away at guild for charity quilts. I added the window panes to the 4-patches and made a 2-1/2 sashing between the blocks. I quilted around the flowers [took way to long to do], but it really looks great.



This quilt top was given to me, along with a pieced backing, by one of the women I quilt with in a Tuesday night class. After piecing it she was so sick of it she didn't want to see it again. I showed it to her after I quilted it, and she didn't think it was so bad after all.




This quilt was pieced by 4 of the quilters who meet here at Westminster Gardens. I was saved for the quilting. It is hanging in our dining room now, and will be replaced with a 4th of July quilt at some point.


2 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I love your Orange Crush fabrics. That sounds like such a pretty combindation!

Lynn E said...

I absolutely love your color choices seems to me we have similiar(?) tastes. That quilt your friends made was lovely.