Friday, December 21, 2007

Christmas at Westminster Gardens

You're getting all the Holiday stuff in one fell swoop
A small group of us decorated Packard Hall [our meeting hall, and, until the 19th, our dining room]. My contribution was to climb the ladder [with 2 others] and hang decorations from the ceiling tiles.


I also helped Lily set up the above scene in the Hall [actually, she designed and I did what she said].



There was a fantastic Christmas dinner with an even more fantastic bell choir - along with a tree lighting. There are 2 large trees and one tiny one [all living on our grounds].
I even bought a sweater and white shirt to wear to the dinner [of course, you are missing the ribbon tassels I hung on my tennis shoes].
And! I want you to know I actually decorated [well, my version, anyway]. I hung our guild centerpiece on the front screen door. The woman who made it was told by her husband that she should absolutely NOT bring it home. Of course, that means I have to find a place to put it until next year.


I hung decorations and my Christmas cards on my StashBox quilt that is hanging in the kitchen. I also draped the string table runner [in Christmas fabrics, of course] over one side of it.


There was caroling last night, and our row of homes was visited by the group [not all were]. Chico and Little Bit actually behaved while the singing was going on [although Chico would give a small bark about every 2 minutes].



The boys are official - this is a notice to emergency personnel that 2 dogs live here! I actually have it haning in my kitchen window right now, since the wreath is hanging on the front door.

2 comments:

mehitabel said...

Lots of holiday goodness there! Glad to see you posting again!!

DPUTiger said...

I can't even tell you how excited I am for you. GREAT to see you blogging again!!!!! :)