Saturday, January 5, 2008

Finished a UFO



At our sewing on Friday night, I got a quilt from my mini-group on Friday night. They have been working on it for several months - it is for my new 'home'. I specified colors and they did the entire quilt without my seeing it along the way. It is a row quilt, with each row easily identifiable as done by one of my friends.
I put the quilt on the bed when I got home at midnight, and that's Little Bit giving it the "seat of approval". Chico added his approval a little later.



FIRST UFO FINISHED THIS YEAR. I finished a Christmas tree skirt that I had started sometime last year. It was done as string piecing on a muslin background, and I did fine, except I used the bias that should have been the ties as the binding sewn to the cut part that opens to the hole in the center.


Lots of rain last night [Saturday]. When the dogs and I went for our walk this morning there were branches down on the walkway. The boys let me attach their leashes to a water faucet while I cleared the walkway so we could get through. I just pulled everything over to a section in the parking lot for cleanup by maintenance tomorrow.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo-Hoo finished project! The quilt looks fabulous. LilBit adds alot.

DPUTiger said...

Both quilts look great! Sorry my row is so lame, but I was a little swamped when we were doing your project :) Sandy delivered the pattern for the tree skirt. One of these days, I'll get around to that. I need a Round Tuit!