Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year - New UFO


Well - it's 2008 [after reading all those science fiction books in the '50's and '60's I thought the world would be different by now, sigh]. I hope you all had a safe and/or fun New Year's Eve. I sewed with Sandy all day yesterday and her daughter, Deb, made us a special dinner [lamb chops - even better than the lamb at Westminster Gardens] and brought home a sinfully chocolate dessert.


Stashbusters had a challenge for New Years Eve and New Years Day to make a Sudoku quilt top. I actually [surprise to those who know me well] found 9 fat quarters in my house to make the quilt from.


















I spent New Years Eve day at Sandy's sewing like a maniac. I finished the basic top [I still don't see any rhyme nor reason to Sudoku puzzles] and will add the red cat border today - after, of course, walking the dogs. I cut my squares 5-1/2" x 6-1/2" and the black sashing is 2-1/2". The border was cut 6-1/2" so will have a large lap robe [or sofa throw].



After the sinful chocolate dessert last night I couldn't get to sleep, so got up about 1:30 a.m. and pulled fabric for a mystery quilt that started even before I got up this morning.


Now, on to breakfast [yes, the boys have been fed] and our walk, and then to more sewing.


Happy New Year all of you, and not only do I hope no bad things happen, I hope for lots of good things for this year.

2 comments:

Khris said...

Looks great....love it. I am just finishing up joining the blocks and then need to do the sashing.
Hugs Khris in Oz

mehitabel said...

Great start, Anne! I'm with you--I don't "get" Sudoku puzzles at all! But it does make an interesting quilt top--although I still like Magic Tiles better!