Sunday, January 13, 2008

Quilts



I was at my storage unit the other day, and thought I would let you see my stash. It's only in tubs [most of them are labeled] because I moved in July and my friends helped me get the fabric/WIP's/books sorted.

I have to say that the end of that sorting day must have been 'just enough' since every once in awhile I open a marked tub [maybe 'blue'] and find a Christmas print in it. I have to say I get a kick out of that, because the day was really hectic so I know they were not starting a tub just for some small pieces that were left.

















This is a quilt top I made for my sone and daughter-in-law in Cayucos, CA. It is from the Stashbox quilt pattern and I have made 3 of these now. This one is queen/king size and needs to be layered and quilted [will try to get that done by June when I "do" the Central Coast Quilt Run on my way north to see them].

I need to get a minimum of 4 UFO's quilted this year so I don't end up as UFO queen on the Stashbuster list. I've finished one, so that helps for this quarter, and will try to time them so at least one a quarter is finished.

They are located at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stashbuster/ and the group is a fun way to get motivated to get through your stash.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I distinctly remember that Christmas print had little blue bells on it!

mehitabel said...

Yeah, Christmas prints come in blue too! Anyway, you are well organized and certainly busting right through the stash and the UFOs and I'm really impressed!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I like those quilts - very nice. Your storage room looks very organized!