Wednesday, June 13, 2007

First post

I'm in the midst of moving from my home of 24 years to a retirement community in Duarte, Calif. They have beautiful grounds and I will actually have almost as much room in my space [living room, kitchen, bedroom, bathroom and small hall] that I have in my house.





You can see and read about the community at http://www.westgardens.org/





Just no garage to store stuff in [that's all going to 2 storage units at America Stores in between my house and Westminster Gardens].





I picked up a kitten that one of the neighbors accused another neighbors cat of producing [except that cat is a male]. I'm looking for a home for her at this point since I can't take her with me when I move sometime in July.




She is about 3 weeks old at this point and I am bottle feeding her and keeping her in a giant carrying cage. My oldest chihuahua has tried twice to kill her and I don't want that to happen.


I've been trying to get a lot of stuff labeled and packed for storage so that I can go to the units and find a specific thing. So far it's worked!

My house is selling to an agent who is going to take it "as is" and fix it up and resell. For me, that is the best possible thing that could have happened. I don't know if I trust any contractors to come in to do the work.

No comments: