Thursday, June 14, 2007

Today you get to see why the blog is called dogs and quilts.



Here is Little Bit [above] - an almost 3 year old chihuahua. I found him at my local vet's. He was just a few weeks old and looked like a hairless rat. The vet was taking care of him for the local shelter [his sister died, but lilbit lives with me]. His best trick is rolling over to get his tummy rubbed and peeing [sigh]. He may be civilized some day, but I doubt it.




And here is Chico. He's between 8 and 9 years old and I found him at the Petsmart animal weekend. He has to be the most mellow chihuahua I've ever seen. Fireworks do bother him, but people don't seem to very much. He comes out to check the visitors, and then goes back to bed.

I'll post quilt photos later.


Today [Thursday] was quilting day at the Senior Center. I took in patterns for the director to look at to possibly post for our new series of classes - one is a string pieced table runner, another table runner is one of the Quilt in a Day books, and a friend also gave me a string pieced tree skirt [yes, Christmas is coming] pattern that I showed my single student [we're trying to get a few more so the class isn't cancelled].

If you're in Irwindale, CA on Thursday afternoons, please come to the center between 1 and 3 pm for some gab and quilting. It's not quite a stitch and bitch, but some days are merrier than others.

No comments: